Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Q4 Exam Week


It’s exam week at school. Apparently for elective subjects, we get a week to take our exams – we just have to make sure we turn in our responses by 5pm on Friday. We can take the exams whenever we want, wherever we want. Of course the rules of five/four/four and half contiguous hours apply, but it’s total freedom! And while I personally like the structured exam taking approach where you turn up at an assigned hour every day and do it, I think this freedom is totally cool.

For all practical purposes, I am done with first year – just one paper and the ELA stand between me and the gaping void of nothingness that is going to be my summer. I have realized that while I crave the freedom of doing nothing, I also get very restless when I actually get to the doing-nothing phase. Which is why I don’t want school to end. Don’t get me wrong, I am more than ready for a vacation. But I don’t know what I will do with my time and without my friends. Unlike many of my classmates, I am not going to India for a vacation.

There was some buzz on Facebook today with news of Darden’s partnership with Amazon coming out. Read about it at Oren’s blog. I think this is a big step for Darden as it moves towards its sustainability goals. It was great having Q3 finance online and I’d love to see more of our course materials go online. Well Oren does a great job talking about this, so just read his post and I’ll say no more.

Last weekend was Darden Days, where admitted students are hosted on grounds to come check out their home for the next two years (or to check out if they want it to be their home). I missed my own Darden Days, so I was quite impressed by the arrangements they had made for the CO 2011.

I think the highlight of the event was the dinner the school hosted at King’s Valley Vineyard – which I missed! Pt Ravi Shankar and his daughter Anoushka were performing at the Paramount that night and after a lot of debating, I decided to skip King’s Valley in favor of the concert – best decision I ever made!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin